Will you be attending the West Coast Produce Expo in November? The West Coast Produce Expo will be virtual this year November 9 - 13, 2020.
Jewel-Osco's Scott Bennett, the 2019 Produce Retailer of the Year and produce sales and merchandising manager for Jewel-Osco will be speaking at an education session discussing how he created excitement in the stores in the midst of restrictions and the upheaval of the pandemic.
Registration for the event is free.
On Agweb.com, Matt Morgan discussed the move to virtual:
“In transitioning West Coast Produce Expo from a live event to virtual, we prioritized the features that are most valuable to our attendees, exhibitors, and sponsors,” said Matt Morgan, executive vice president of produce for The Packer’s parent company, Farm Journal. “We’re excited that the virtual format will deliver more time to visit the expo, to hear directly from retailers and industry experts, and to facilitate sales via our BizMatch meeting scheduler service which pairs buyers and suppliers based on specific matching criteria.
“In addition, the value of digital content like we’re offering at WCPE is that it lives on beyond the event dates, delivering on-demand education and continued exposure for our speakers and sponsors,” Morgan said.
We will be attending and we are excited about the education sessions.
Education sessions are:
- Keynote Panel: Adapting Your Business Plan and Goals for 2021 and Beyond; Tom Karst of The Packer visits with Cindy Jewell of Jewell Marketing, Julie Krivanek of Krivanek Consulting, Mike O’Brien of O’Brien Innovations LLC, Bruce Peterson of Peterson Insights and Dick Spezzano of Spezzano Consulting Service;
- Lessons From Retail — Online Grocery and What’s Ahead; Ashley Nickle of The Packer with Bill Bishop of Brick Meets Click; and
- Lessons from Retail – Walmart’s Regenerative Approach and What It Means for Suppliers; Tom Karst of The Packer with Anabella de Freeman of Walmart about the company’s sustainability goals;
- Lessons from Retail — Developing Your Produce Teams; Nickle visits with Jeff Cady of Tops Friendly Markets; and
- Lessons from Retail — Shifting Shopper Behaviors Present and Future: Karst visits with Steve Lutz of Category Partners.
- Keynote Panel: Post-Election 2020 — Discussion of Political and Legislative Issues; Karst visits with Robert Guenther of the United Fresh Produce Association, Lance Jungmeyer, president of the Fresh Produce Association of the Americas, Dave Puglia, president of Western Growers and Jim Wiesemeyer of Pro Farmer;
- Lessons from Retail — Community, Events and Fresh Produce; Nickle visits with Rob Ybarra of Rouses Markets; and
- Lessons from Retail — Continuing to Create Excitement in Stores; Nickle visits with Scott Bennett of Jewel-Osco.